Skip to main content

I Made It!

So right now it is 7:05 PM in Switzerland and I am so tired. Getting through security was easy and once I was through I met up with the other girl going to Switzerland, Kaylee, and we grabbed something to eat and walked around the airport for about 2 minutes then feeling red we sat down in the lounge. The plane was alright. She sat beside me and I had the window seat. I can’t remember what I did during the first 2 hours of the plane but I know I had dinner (not so good, but it’s airplane food so what can you expect) but I didn’t watch a movie. We had somewhere around four and a half hours left of the flight and that is when I started to go to sleep because I knew I would have to stay up most of the next day. I slept for 3 hours maybe but at 30 minutes intervals. The last bit of the flight was okay. There was an hour and a half left and I couldn’t sleep anymore. The seats where very uncomfortable to be sitting in for 7 and a half hours. And since I was in the window seat I couldn’t get up whenever I wanted to. So the last hour of the plane ride I turned on some music and looked outside since there was finally some light coming through. Kaylee and I got off the plane okay and we headed to baggage. I got to use a trolly for my bags and I think that was the highlight of my day so far. (Although for them it was 7:30 AM August 5). My host family had a sign made up for me with my name on it and some maple leaves on it. There was a a whole thing with me trying to get my buss pass that lets me go on all the trains, busses, boats etc. in Switzerland. I’m not going to go into all of that right now and everything is fine mom, no need to panic. We took a train back to where they live (Burgdorf) and everything in Switzerland is what you think it would be like. The houses are so Swiss. We got home and they showed me to my room and I was able to unpack...blah blah blah (using hotspot for this so got to make it quick). They are so kind and they spoke English to me which I really appreciated. We went over questions and kind of the schedule or what they usually do in the house. At 5 PM I felt like I was going to pass out and of course this is when we were finishing up in some housekeeping rules so I asked to have a power nap and I swear you have never seen someone fall asleep so quickly. I met the oldest sister who doesn’t live here but it’s her birthday today. She is very sweet but she doesn’t speak English so it was hard communicating. Eventually I said I have to go back to bed because I couldn’t keep my eyes open. A little while later the host mom came into my room and asked if I wanted to take a shower, then I can have an early dinner and go back to bed. So that’s exactly what I did and that leads me to doing this right now. If there are any spelling mistakes please ignore them, I’ll fix it later. Going to bed now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wild Horses (feat. Florence Welch)"

I know I haven't posted in a while but things have been very busy on my end. So this past weekend I went to... Fiesche. I think that's it...it's somewhere in the Alpes, for a Rotary meeting with all the other exchange students in Switzerland. There were over 60 of us in this "Sports Resort." I met up with my friend Kaylee from Canada who is from my district in Canada (I knew her before I left for Switzerland) and my other two friends from my language course Sophie (USA) and Rachel (London, Ontario) and our other friend Kat (USA) and Otilia who is from Romania. I look a train in with Sophie and it was so pretty! When we got to the train station before this photo we found a whole group of other exchange students so we tagged a long with them. I'm pretty sure they were a main group from Zurich. We got off at the wrong station and had to walk a bit to get to the "resort" which was fine. We were the only ones we knew there so we talked to some other

My Week in Frankfurt

On Monday we (my class from the high school) took three trains. We left Burgdorf at 8:53 AM and then spent ~30 minutes on the first two trains then 3 hours on the last. I talked to Fabienne, Elena, and Viola who was sitting with me and then I slept because I was tired. We went to our rooms which they say is a hostel, but I’m not sure. Then we went on a bus tour of Frankfurt and it was 3 hours of a guy with a weird hair cut speaking very fast german that I couldn’t understand. And apparently it wasn’t just me it, the other kids in my class couldn’t understand some things he was saying. We went to this tower and then walked around the old city for a while; it was called Main Tower or something. We then had dinner at this restaurant that was old looking but surrounded by new buildings. After we then had free time and I hung out with some other people and they were really nice. We just walked around and went over the bridges. We got back at around 10. I went to bed at 10:30 and then my r

“La Vie en Rose”

I've been here in Switzerland for 133 days and I have another 206 days to go. It seems like a lot, but January is actually the half-way mark for my exchange and this exchange has gone by so quickly. Saturday the 14 December Edna and I went to a place called Colmar in France -- which is here: and it was really fun! I got up at 6 because Edna thought it would be a good idea to chose the train that left at 6:43 AM (!!). We got to the train on time and took for about two hours until we got to Basel. There we had 20 minutes to catch our train but before we could we needed to buy our tickets cause it was with another train company. We got some breakfast first and then we went to the information centre, waited on line for five minutes that we didn’t have and then got directed to the SBB office in the train station. When we got to the SBB (the Switzerland Train Company) we had two minutes to get to our gate which was not gonna happen because it’s always very slow in the office. We took