Skip to main content

„Cry to Me“

By the way, I know the title sounds sad, but it’s actually a really good song. I recommend you listen to it (if you haven’t already). Okay, so, school is going good. Nothing out of the ordinary. Next week our school is doing another week trip where we get to choose what we want to do. I signed up for (with much persistence from my person in charge if me at school) for the UNESCO trip which is where we visit all these places in Switzerland that are under UNESCO. Or something like that. My host sister and next host sister are going too so it’s going to be really fun. And two girls from my class are going. I don’t know if I mentioned this but here in Switzerland there is only one class that goes to all the classes together. So there aren’t four different classes like there is in Canada (all with different people) the people stay the same here. So I’ll post how that is going later. Maybe after or during. I don’t know. I don’t think I mentioned this but I joined the swim club here in Burgdorf. So I’m pretty sure the pool is smaller here than it is in Bracebridge. I looked it up and apparently it’s not. Maybe it’s because the room is smaller here? Idk. But every Wednesday at 7:30 there is a small group of about 10 that just swim laps all day which is petty cool. The first time I did it I was absolutely exhausted and I had to take so many breaks it wasn’t funny. The second time it was a lot better but we had to do sprints and that was not good. I also realized that I’m not that good at into crawl. Like worse than normal. They had me doing butterfly even though I’ve never done it. I got my arms out of the water at first and then they slowly started to feel like magnets being attracted to that bottom of the pool. When I finished I could barely hold my phone. It felt so heavy. I have another lesson tomorrow. Today I went to my first curling club meeting. It was okay. I found out that I’m terrible at releasing the stone (can’t remember the name of it right now. But then later we did some technique things which I was okay at. Better than some. But the muscles on the inside of my thighs really hurt. I had to bike home by myself which wasn’t bad but I got a little lost but I found my way back again. The curling arena is a little outside of the main part of Burgdorf. I think I’m going to go back at it. Hopefully I’ll get the hang of it and everyone was pretty understanding. I took an English test last week and it wasn’t that good. It was about grammatical stuff and the tenses. When I finished 10 minutes later I was so bored I started making corrections on the test. Nana, our teacher wrote Gracelands. There was a question all about Elvis fans and them visiting Graceland, and the whole question wasn’t written that well. I fixed it in your honour. When realizing how many corrections I had actually made I wrote a little sorry on the last page. I hope she doesn’t hate me after going though my test. Anyways, that’s all that is new with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wild Horses (feat. Florence Welch)"

I know I haven't posted in a while but things have been very busy on my end. So this past weekend I went to... Fiesche. I think that's it...it's somewhere in the Alpes, for a Rotary meeting with all the other exchange students in Switzerland. There were over 60 of us in this "Sports Resort." I met up with my friend Kaylee from Canada who is from my district in Canada (I knew her before I left for Switzerland) and my other two friends from my language course Sophie (USA) and Rachel (London, Ontario) and our other friend Kat (USA) and Otilia who is from Romania. I look a train in with Sophie and it was so pretty! When we got to the train station before this photo we found a whole group of other exchange students so we tagged a long with them. I'm pretty sure they were a main group from Zurich. We got off at the wrong station and had to walk a bit to get to the "resort" which was fine. We were the only ones we knew there so we talked to some other

My Week in Frankfurt

On Monday we (my class from the high school) took three trains. We left Burgdorf at 8:53 AM and then spent ~30 minutes on the first two trains then 3 hours on the last. I talked to Fabienne, Elena, and Viola who was sitting with me and then I slept because I was tired. We went to our rooms which they say is a hostel, but I’m not sure. Then we went on a bus tour of Frankfurt and it was 3 hours of a guy with a weird hair cut speaking very fast german that I couldn’t understand. And apparently it wasn’t just me it, the other kids in my class couldn’t understand some things he was saying. We went to this tower and then walked around the old city for a while; it was called Main Tower or something. We then had dinner at this restaurant that was old looking but surrounded by new buildings. After we then had free time and I hung out with some other people and they were really nice. We just walked around and went over the bridges. We got back at around 10. I went to bed at 10:30 and then my r

“La Vie en Rose”

I've been here in Switzerland for 133 days and I have another 206 days to go. It seems like a lot, but January is actually the half-way mark for my exchange and this exchange has gone by so quickly. Saturday the 14 December Edna and I went to a place called Colmar in France -- which is here: and it was really fun! I got up at 6 because Edna thought it would be a good idea to chose the train that left at 6:43 AM (!!). We got to the train on time and took for about two hours until we got to Basel. There we had 20 minutes to catch our train but before we could we needed to buy our tickets cause it was with another train company. We got some breakfast first and then we went to the information centre, waited on line for five minutes that we didn’t have and then got directed to the SBB office in the train station. When we got to the SBB (the Switzerland Train Company) we had two minutes to get to our gate which was not gonna happen because it’s always very slow in the office. We took