Skip to main content

Christmas

So... I guess I haven't talked about Christmas yet. I was still at my first host families house for Christmas. For that week Edna's host siblings came and we were 10 people in total at Christmas. The first ones to come were the oldest host brother and his girlfriend, then the next day middle bother and the next day the youngest brother and his girlfriend. Usually here Christmas is celebrated on the 24th of December but they did it on the 25th because the youngest brother wasn't there yet. On Christmas day everyone but Salome (older host sister), Christa and I went off at around noon to play a game of tennis. I helped Christa make dinner. She was making a six course dinner. I helped make the Raviolli and it was so much fun! We made the pasta dough from scratch and I loved making it! For dinner we had first a soup, then a salad, then raviolli, then we had a beet wellignton, then a huge piece of the best meet I've ever had and then we had a dessert that was something with creme. After that we sang some Christmas songs and then opened gifts. It was a really good time. The next day the brothers went out and visited some other family and it was just Edna and me. Oh! On the 24th of December I was alone at the house for a while and I ended up watching Braveheart. Ugh! Wow. I couldn't believe the ending! Ugh! That was my Christmas basically. Oh! We did Secret Santa with the siblings and we drew the names out of a hat a month before and I was thinking that it would be fantastic if I got Edna cause I could do so many insider jokes with her, and I chose her name! So, a few months ago Edna and I got into a huge fight about Shakespeare and she still brings it up sometimes. So, I got her Juilus Cesear written by Shakespeare, I got her a bottle of shampoo from Lush that was called Happy Hippie because I call her Hippie, the book that I got her from our France trip, and a jar of honey, because we always say "Oh... Honey..." and when she opened it I didn't think she got it. I wrote her a card as well but she didn't read it till the next day and she started to cry. I then explained the gifts to her and she finally understood the jokes. And that was Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wild Horses (feat. Florence Welch)"

I know I haven't posted in a while but things have been very busy on my end. So this past weekend I went to... Fiesche. I think that's it...it's somewhere in the Alpes, for a Rotary meeting with all the other exchange students in Switzerland. There were over 60 of us in this "Sports Resort." I met up with my friend Kaylee from Canada who is from my district in Canada (I knew her before I left for Switzerland) and my other two friends from my language course Sophie (USA) and Rachel (London, Ontario) and our other friend Kat (USA) and Otilia who is from Romania. I look a train in with Sophie and it was so pretty! When we got to the train station before this photo we found a whole group of other exchange students so we tagged a long with them. I'm pretty sure they were a main group from Zurich. We got off at the wrong station and had to walk a bit to get to the "resort" which was fine. We were the only ones we knew there so we talked to some other

My Week in Frankfurt

On Monday we (my class from the high school) took three trains. We left Burgdorf at 8:53 AM and then spent ~30 minutes on the first two trains then 3 hours on the last. I talked to Fabienne, Elena, and Viola who was sitting with me and then I slept because I was tired. We went to our rooms which they say is a hostel, but I’m not sure. Then we went on a bus tour of Frankfurt and it was 3 hours of a guy with a weird hair cut speaking very fast german that I couldn’t understand. And apparently it wasn’t just me it, the other kids in my class couldn’t understand some things he was saying. We went to this tower and then walked around the old city for a while; it was called Main Tower or something. We then had dinner at this restaurant that was old looking but surrounded by new buildings. After we then had free time and I hung out with some other people and they were really nice. We just walked around and went over the bridges. We got back at around 10. I went to bed at 10:30 and then my r

“La Vie en Rose”

I've been here in Switzerland for 133 days and I have another 206 days to go. It seems like a lot, but January is actually the half-way mark for my exchange and this exchange has gone by so quickly. Saturday the 14 December Edna and I went to a place called Colmar in France -- which is here: and it was really fun! I got up at 6 because Edna thought it would be a good idea to chose the train that left at 6:43 AM (!!). We got to the train on time and took for about two hours until we got to Basel. There we had 20 minutes to catch our train but before we could we needed to buy our tickets cause it was with another train company. We got some breakfast first and then we went to the information centre, waited on line for five minutes that we didn’t have and then got directed to the SBB office in the train station. When we got to the SBB (the Switzerland Train Company) we had two minutes to get to our gate which was not gonna happen because it’s always very slow in the office. We took