Skip to main content

New Host Family

So I am officially in my second host family and everything is going great. I got here on January 3 and it's been going really good. My host family now has more people living in the house then the Schonenbergers, but I've gotten used to it. So, on the third, Edna, Christa, Roman and I drove to my new family, who lives in a town just outside Burgdorf called Hasle, and what was supposed to be 2 PM turned to a 3 PM arrival time. That morning I was doing some last minute packing and tidying my room. It was kinda funny looking back because Christa made us lunch about around 12:30 but I still had to finish my packing (I was having a terrible time trying to stuff the last few things in my bag) so I ate quickly trying to say politely that I have to go. Instead she started this long talk and was showing me stuff on the computer, that, really I didn't care about (but I knew I should be paying attention) but because I was so panicked about how we have to leave in a few minutes and I haven't finished my packing. Eventually I got everything ready to go and cleaned my room till it was spotless; and I even had 10 minutes to spare. It was about 10 minutes till we got to my new host family, the Plüss‘ house. André, my new host father, met me and the others at the door and my host brother Noah helped me with my bags. My bags where honestly sooo heavy. I‘m gonna have to get rid of some old cloths I think before I get back, or send some books to Canada by mail (I have maybe 20-30 books!) Edna and I sat on the couches with Noah and two friends of his that were there. Diego was a friend from South America (I feel terrible but I can’t remember where from) and there was another friend here from Switzerland. Edna didn‘t stay long because she had to go back with the dog. We said goodbye and then I went inside and talked to my host parents. Noah and his friends we’re going upstairs to watch a movie and they invited me to go with them. We had a good time that evening. We played games and talked and watched some tv. It was really good. My host sister Jael came home the next day. She was snowboarding with some friends that weekend in Graubünden. I met my older host sister Mikkel the next day and some more friends from my host siblings. So, that was Saturday....Sunday I met up with a past Rotary exchange student that was in Bracebridge, Sarah, in her home town Aarau. It was really fun. She met me at the train station and we walked around. She showed me some sights and we talked about her exchange, my exchange, basically everything. She took me to this cute little cafe right by the train station where we drank a bit of tea. We talked for about 2-4 hours I think and then it was getting late and I had to go back home. Haha. I can‘t remember what happened after that. But it was a good time. Things are going good with my host family. Oh! My host cousin comes and lives with us on the weekdays because she goes to university in Bern and Fribourg (West) but she lives in the east part of Switzerland. I actually met her by yelling „Hey Jael“ while she was going through the door. My older host brother Aaron was at a conference in Germany the first week I was there. Yeah...I think that’s everything for this entry. Everything is going good with the family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wild Horses (feat. Florence Welch)"

I know I haven't posted in a while but things have been very busy on my end. So this past weekend I went to... Fiesche. I think that's it...it's somewhere in the Alpes, for a Rotary meeting with all the other exchange students in Switzerland. There were over 60 of us in this "Sports Resort." I met up with my friend Kaylee from Canada who is from my district in Canada (I knew her before I left for Switzerland) and my other two friends from my language course Sophie (USA) and Rachel (London, Ontario) and our other friend Kat (USA) and Otilia who is from Romania. I look a train in with Sophie and it was so pretty! When we got to the train station before this photo we found a whole group of other exchange students so we tagged a long with them. I'm pretty sure they were a main group from Zurich. We got off at the wrong station and had to walk a bit to get to the "resort" which was fine. We were the only ones we knew there so we talked to some other

My Week in Frankfurt

On Monday we (my class from the high school) took three trains. We left Burgdorf at 8:53 AM and then spent ~30 minutes on the first two trains then 3 hours on the last. I talked to Fabienne, Elena, and Viola who was sitting with me and then I slept because I was tired. We went to our rooms which they say is a hostel, but I’m not sure. Then we went on a bus tour of Frankfurt and it was 3 hours of a guy with a weird hair cut speaking very fast german that I couldn’t understand. And apparently it wasn’t just me it, the other kids in my class couldn’t understand some things he was saying. We went to this tower and then walked around the old city for a while; it was called Main Tower or something. We then had dinner at this restaurant that was old looking but surrounded by new buildings. After we then had free time and I hung out with some other people and they were really nice. We just walked around and went over the bridges. We got back at around 10. I went to bed at 10:30 and then my r

“La Vie en Rose”

I've been here in Switzerland for 133 days and I have another 206 days to go. It seems like a lot, but January is actually the half-way mark for my exchange and this exchange has gone by so quickly. Saturday the 14 December Edna and I went to a place called Colmar in France -- which is here: and it was really fun! I got up at 6 because Edna thought it would be a good idea to chose the train that left at 6:43 AM (!!). We got to the train on time and took for about two hours until we got to Basel. There we had 20 minutes to catch our train but before we could we needed to buy our tickets cause it was with another train company. We got some breakfast first and then we went to the information centre, waited on line for five minutes that we didn’t have and then got directed to the SBB office in the train station. When we got to the SBB (the Switzerland Train Company) we had two minutes to get to our gate which was not gonna happen because it’s always very slow in the office. We took